SOUND OFF - Young Musician Competition
Sound Off is the brainchild of EarthWell Director Chris Bachman and award winning composer, performer and EarthWell Music Director, Rich Wyman.
"It is our desire to support the young musicians from around Utah with a competition that provides exposure, recognition and furthering support of their talent. "
The 2012 competition will be held during the EarthWell Festival on August 25 & 26 at Jordanelle State Park.
Peter Smaha - Professional Session Musician
David Rolfe - Music Producer
Rich Wyman - Award Winning Composer & Performer
Lisa Needham - Singer & Actress
Eric Munoz - Owner, All In Recording Studio
Contestant packages: All contestants receive complimentary prize packages including items by Eccles Center, Egyptian Theatre, Skull Candy, Cafe Rio, Cold Stone Creamery, J.W. Allen Toys, Z B Sports, Whole Foods, Petco, Great Clips, and more.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Place: Invitation to play showcase concert at Riff's Music.
PROFESSIONAL STUDIO PRODUCTION
- Value $2500
David Rolfe in conjunction with Rich Wyman will professionally produce one song of winners choice.
- Value $2000
Professional Music Video to accompany the studio produced song above.
Provided by Turner Time Video
- Value $1000
The winner receives a website to show off their work. Includes ability to share, sell, download music files.
Music Website by- ProClassWebDesign.com
IN-HOME RECORDING PACKAGE
- Value $500
Provided by All In Sound, Inc, this recording package includes microphone, hardware and software.
Recording Package by - AllInRecording.com
FORM A BAND & PLAY A SHOW
- Value $300
Option One: Bring your songs to our MusicGarage.Org team. We'll organize a band of under 18 musicians who will learn your music and perform as your band on the MusicGarage-Live! stage.
Option Two: If you have a winning duo or trio and do not want to add musicians then we'll book your band on our stage and invite your friends and fans to a show at MusicGarage-Live!
MusicGarage.org - Steve Auerbach
OPENING GIG AT 2013 EARTHWELL FESTIVAL
- Value $200
Qualifiers will be held on Saturday the 25th from 10:30AM to 1PM. Finalists will be given the stage on Sunday from 10:30 until Noon after which the judges will announce their decision.
- Must be 18 years of age or under at time of competition.
- May perform as soloist, duet, trio.
- Support via a backing track is allowed.
- Shared backline and misc. Please inquire.
- Stage time is limited to 10 minutes for Saturday qualifier set.
- Quick turn time is imperative, plan for 5 minutes max.
- Contestants agree that their images and music may be used in promotional material as produced by the EarthWell.
Applicants should submit:
- Demo via mp3, CD or website link.
- Include links to any media or background we should know about.
- Include: Name, Address, Age, email, website (if available), genre(s), solo/duo/trio.
Send to Rich@EarthWell.org
Photo: Jamy Beecher